welcME

Welcome to Widhy's blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Granting Request


Granting Request
In the dialogue between Ayu and Palupi you find the following expressions:
Ayu     : Will you tell me about it?
Palupi  : Sure,
I will.
Ayu      : Let’s try to make lepat sometimes.
Palupi  : OK.

Sure, I will and OK are expressions to grant a request.
Here are other expressions that you can use:
  •  Alright.
  • Certainly.
  • Right away.
  • Of course.

Complete the dialogue below with appropriate word!
1.       Ayu : Ratu, will you accompany me to Palupi’s house?
Ratu :….. But, what are you going to do there?
Ayu : I want to ask her about a thanksgiving festival in her hometown.
Ratu : Hey, look it’s very dark out side. I think it’s going to rain. Get the
umbrella, please.
Ayu : …. Oh, do you want to wear rubber sandals?
Ratu : Yes, that would be great. Could you get them for me too?
Ayu : …..
Ratu : Thanks.
2.       Randi : Yola, help me find Dad’s encyclopedia.
Yola : ….. What do you want it for?
Randi : I want to find some information on some national celebrations.
Yola : Hey look it’s on the top shelf. I don’t think we can reach it. Quickly,
get a chair.
Randi : ….

No comments:

Post a Comment